Important Colombian policy meeting in CIAT Monday
In CIAT we are very proud to receive the visit of a number of important Colombian policy makers on Monday to discuss and indeed draft a policy document with respect to adaptation and mitigation of climate change in the agricultural sector (a so-called CONPES document). The visitor list includes:
- Francisco Boshell (consultant for Departamento Nacional de Planeacion, and professor of the National University of Colombia)
- Giampiero Renzoni (Sub-Director de Desarrollo Rural y Medio-Ambiente in the Departamento Nacional de Planeacion)
- Ana Maria Loboguerrero (also from Departamento Nacional de Planeacion)
- Miguel Ayarza (scientist in charge of climate change in CORPOICA)
- Nestor Hernandez (coordinator of the Cross-institutional Network on Climate Change and Food Security, and representative of the Ministry of Agriculture for Colombia)
- Lucio Santos (agriculture expert from the Office for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation in the Ministry of Environment of Colombia)
- Apolinar Figueroa (professor at the University of Cauca, and collaborator in our work on high Andean environments)
- Nestor Riaño (scientist at Cenicafe and expert in agroclimatology)
Quite an illustrious list. During the morning we’ll be showcasing DAPA’s work on the generation of climate change scenarios for Colombia, and in the afternoon we’ll discuss and draft text for the all important CONPES document, as well as coordinating joint initiatives for the future.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on the outcomes, and of course, we’ll share the presentations we make.