Launch conference for CCAFS
The official launch for the Challenge Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) will take place on May 4th in Nairobi, Kenya. CIAT is heavily involved with the Challenge Program, particularly on Theme 5: Adapting to Progressive Change and will certainly be present at the launch. There are a number of high profile names who will be presenting, including:
- Articulating Africa‐wide policy issues for adaptation and mitigation. Lindiwe Sibanda, FANRPAN
- From forests to whole landscapes: the implications of carbon markets for smallholders? Erik Fernandes, World Bank
- The limits to adaptation in Indian Agriculture. Pramod Aggarwal, Lead author, IPCC and ICAR.
- Linking knowledge with action for sustainable development. Bill Clark, Harvard.
- What types of Decision Support Tools do we need? Building tools that meet national and regional needs. Mark Stafford‐Smith, CSIRO
- Downscaling and its limitation on climate change impact assessments. Sepo Hachigonta, University of Cape Town.
The invitation is open, but anyone planning on attending should register at http://www.ccafs.cgiar.org.