Open call for interns in biodiversity modelling and R programming
We are looking for a visiting researcher to work on various modeling projects, primarily related with climate change, biodiversity and agriculture.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or masters degree
- Experience with species distributions modeling (preferably Maxent)
- High proficiency in R!!
- Good understanding of GIS, preferably GRASS GIS (and ArcGIS)!!
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Comfortable with working under Linux OS (Red Hat/CentOS, SuSe Linux)
- English: very good written/oral and reading skills
- Good knowledge of PostGIS
- Basic knowledge of Spanish (not needed for the job, but some basic level might be required for living in the city)
We offer a 4-month visiting research position with
- Flights from country of origin and back
- 750 USD/month stipend (enough to live in Cali, very comfortably)
- Health insurance
- Daily transport from Cali to CIAT and the way back
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send us a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com
For more information, please visit: